Welcome to the
Shuswap Development and
The Shuswap Development and Building Department is responsible for assurance that ALL developments/buildings on Shuswap Indian Band land complies with required zoning, sewer services, transportation, building codes, etc.
Depending on your building's use of classification or occupancy type and building size your project may require professional involvement.
- My building project requires construction. What do I need to do?
- How does the British Columbia Building Code (BCBC) relate to my building?
- Your building's classification
- Determining your building's size
- Professional Involvement and the British Columbia Building Code
- Registered Professionals responsibilities
Once you have determined the basic requirements for you building you can move onto the application section of the process. This website will help you through the process of development application, through to the building permit application and project completion. Refer to the following sections.
- Pre-Application Meeting
- Development Permit Application
- Engineering (Sewers, Utilities and Transportation)
- Building Permit Application
- Construction Review
Note: You must have an approved Development Permit before application can be made for Building Permit.